Gamers Refuge, Game forum for general Game Discussion & Debate!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss games & game ideas, debate games, review games, join game clans, blog about games, get game help online, show off gamer artwork, play forum games, play Roleplay games, or discuss game frustrations, you'll find it here at Gamers Refuge!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The World Ends with You

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SynchronizedBlink
SynchronizedBlink

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-11-02

The World Ends with You Empty
PostSubject: The World Ends with You   The World Ends with You EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:12 am

The World Ends with You provides us with another reason we must have a DS. It is a colorful 2D game with wonderful Art and a engaging story. If you have not yet bought this game yet, I suggest you should buy it in the near future. This RPG has a whole new standard on Handheld RPGs.

The World Ends with You Wewy11
The Story is about a young 15 Year old boy named Neku as pictured above. He has a anti-social attitude and vibe going on with him, which will add conflict in the story. He is to survive the Reaper's Game in 7 days. He wakes up and gets in a little trouble with the Noise, the monsters you basically have to fight with. In order to fight the Noise, Neku has to find a partner in order to survive. That's just the beginning of the story. I will not spoil more. It is pretty engaging with a lot of twist with it. Needless to say, the story is very enjoyable

The fighting system takes a learning curve to get over, but its the fighting is one of the reasons why its a great game. On the top screen of the DS, you have to fight using the Control pad with another character, and on the bottom you have to use Neku to attack with the Stylus. The Stylus allows you to use Pins if you command Neku in a certain way. These Pins come in a HUGE variety (By variety, I mean as big as how many Pokemon are in a Pokemon game) and you must find the most powerful set of Pins to use. Some Pins can be a little hard to do, but overall a fun system in the game. The Pins you receive may evolve into other pins once they Hit the max level. With these Pins, you can also participate in "Tin Pin Slam offs" a mini game used to battle with NPCS to get other Pins. You can also go online and play Tin Pin with your friends.

This game has a great soundtrack. In the game you can buy around 30, to 35 CDs that will play the favorite background music you like in the game. The Music ranges from Rock, pop, to Hip Hop. Most of these songs are Japanese songs. Its nice to experience a different culture's music.

Overall, the game is great, get it if you love RPGs and have a DS. Has a lot of replay value, plus secret things to collect. Mostly fun, maybe a learning curve.

[b]9.4/10
Back to top Go down
SynchronizedBlink
SynchronizedBlink

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends with You   The World Ends with You EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:15 am

I think I just posted in the Wrong section, could you move this please. :<
Back to top Go down
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
ViciousGamer04

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends with You   The World Ends with You EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 4:51 pm

All done, welcome back! =D

If you're here to stay anyways. Nice review. =o

Forums a bit dead at the moment though, i'm in the process of a re-revival.
Back to top Go down
https://gamersrefuge.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The World Ends with You   The World Ends with You Empty

Back to top Go down

The World Ends with You
Page 1 of 1