Gamers Refuge, Game forum for general Game Discussion & Debate!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss games & game ideas, debate games, review games, join game clans, blog about games, get game help online, show off gamer artwork, play forum games, play Roleplay games, or discuss game frustrations, you'll find it here at Gamers Refuge!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nammmme that Video-game!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
ViciousGamer04

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Nammmme that Video-game! Empty
PostSubject: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 2:12 am

Well considering this is afterall, a video-game forum I felt it would be fun to have a forum game where you name that videogame.

How it will work is someone will tell a little about a certain video-game & then everyone can try and guess & see if they know what it is off the top of their head. I'll start it out for us. Try to leave out character names unless people are totally stumped on the game you're talking about as they tend to easily give it away. Whoever gets the answer right first goes next unless they want to forfeit their turn to let someone else go(or they become idle on the forum.. lol.)

The game i'm thinking of involves a character that can travel back and forth from his world to a parallel world. The game is RPGisque and for the classic PSX. One of the fun features of this game are what're called "elements" which are the equivalent of spells for the average RPG game. There are also plenty of characters you can play as later on in the game which means tons and tons of replay value & not only that but the game is kind of lengthy in itself. The beginning of this game is awfully confusing to most if it's their first time playing. Whhhat is this game? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://gamersrefuge.forumotion.com
Knight of Symphonia
Knight of Symphonia

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 9:39 pm

After a bit of thinking and a bit of research, I believe the answer is Chrono Cross.

Am I right?
Back to top Go down
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
ViciousGamer04

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 9:47 pm

Haha, yep! Your turn, =P
Back to top Go down
Knight of Symphonia
Knight of Symphonia

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 11:57 pm

In this game, the protagonist and his friends are trying to stop the antagonists from lighting the elemental lighthouses and unleashing alchemy upon the world. Along the way, you pick up little creatures called Djinni which can be used to summon. Other than that, there aren't very many sidequests. Use can use your data on this game to make a password that can be transferred to its sequel. This game was released in 2001 (I think) and is on the GBA.
Back to top Go down
blah40000
blah40000

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-11-01

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:
Nammmme that Video-game! Left_bar_bleue0/0Nammmme that Video-game! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Level::

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 12:11 am

golden sun
Back to top Go down
Knight of Symphonia
Knight of Symphonia

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:37 pm

Yup! Very Happy

Your go!
Back to top Go down
blah40000
blah40000

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:
Nammmme that Video-game! Left_bar_bleue0/0Nammmme that Video-game! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 10:09 am

the only clues I can give is it's old and "what you say!?".
Back to top Go down
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
ViciousGamer04

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Yeah.. with details like that I haven't a clue. XD.
Back to top Go down
Notoriousdrb
Notoriousdrb

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-24

RP Character
Character Name: Antullius Berethor
Total Life Amount:
Nammmme that Video-game! Left_bar_bleue100/100Nammmme that Video-game! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Level:: 1

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 3:43 pm

almost as vague as...
I made mashed potatoes!
Yes..and Biscuits!
Back to top Go down
blah40000
blah40000

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:51 pm

oh come on, that quote is a dead giveaway, how can't you get it?
Back to top Go down
Knight of Symphonia
Knight of Symphonia

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 5:42 pm

All your base are belong to us!

Zero Wing? I never played it, but I recognized the phrase and looked it up on Wikipedia. If anyone's interested in the conversation click here.
Back to top Go down
blah40000
blah40000

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 6:49 pm

yes, very good.

your turn.
Back to top Go down
Knight of Symphonia
Knight of Symphonia

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:56 pm

In this game, the leading guy meets a fortune-teller and they end up going on a journey to destroy the crazy, evil guys. This game has an enormous cast, poor spelling/grammar, and was released for the Gameboy Colour. It is the third in its series.

I don't know if this is enough info; if you need more, just shout.
Back to top Go down
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
ViciousGamer04

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 2:35 am

Did a little research and came up with this, Lufia: The Legend Returns. Am I right? Aha. =o
Back to top Go down
Knight of Symphonia
Knight of Symphonia

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 8:37 pm

Yup, that's it. I love that game. Oh yeah, it's your turn.
Back to top Go down
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
ViciousGamer04

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:03 am

It did look pretttyy apppealliing. Not enough money to spare to be making purchases right now thoughh. Anyways! Let's see here. Let's do an easy one lol.

It's for the PS2, and it's turn-based. You can gain your guys to lv.9999(Which technichally would take a while as you can reborn your characters and each time you re-born your level resets but you're a bit stronger). Lot's of anime-related stuff involved. Great game to play if you have a lot of time on your hands to spare and you love turn-based RPGisque strategy games. For a few of you this is probably really easy to guess. Then again, for most it's probably easy as i've given a lot away information-wise.
Back to top Go down
Notoriousdrb
Notoriousdrb

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-24

RP Character
Character Name: Antullius Berethor
Total Life Amount:
Nammmme that Video-game! Left_bar_bleue100/100Nammmme that Video-game! Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Level:: 1

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 4:42 pm

That one is too easy, Disgaea(1 or 2)

Now for mine Twisted Evil

This is an older game, released for several consoles, most notable the NES
In the game you play as 1 of 6 people, and to win the game you have to save the other 5 and children, the only problem with that is...it's all the way across the map, and before you know it, left is right and right is left. And the silent protagonist is not so silent in this game. And you always know when he is near, *queue creepy music*, even if it is horrible music/effects

Quote:
Spoiler:

But in the end you'll lose. And all of your friends will die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nammmme that Video-game!   Nammmme that Video-game! Empty

Back to top Go down

Nammmme that Video-game!
Page 1 of 1