Gamers Refuge, Game forum for general Game Discussion & Debate!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss games & game ideas, debate games, review games, join game clans, blog about games, get game help online, show off gamer artwork, play forum games, play Roleplay games, or discuss game frustrations, you'll find it here at Gamers Refuge!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Notoriousdrb
Notoriousdrb

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-24

RP Character
Character Name: Antullius Berethor
Total Life Amount:
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Left_bar_bleue100/100Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Level:: 1

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II   Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 1:49 pm

I was a bit reluctant at first, seeing as i'm not a big fan of the warhammer 40k universe, but i was pleasently surprised by this RTS. And even though it barely runs on my lil lappy I find this game as addicting as Iced Tea(and i love the stuff, too much i think).

To start it all off in order to play this you need a Windows Live account, luckily i have xbox live so i could use that, and you have to be logged in to play at all -_- which was a slight hinderance...luckily i have a nice cable connection Very Happy..anyway, you start off as a player named commander, i chose Fenix to show homage to GoW(plus you have a chainsaw sword). This is lead up to by an awesome intro video where you saw an..eldar? eradar? someone in half, pretty much they're like elves of the W40k universe. After that you are thrown into battle with yourself(Fenix in my case) and a unit of space marine grunts. Now the space marines are the most badass units out there, on par with spartans taking on hordes of enemies. Your primary enemy for the beginning of the campaign is the Orks, big ugly green brutes and you promptly mow them down with a hail of gunfire and chainsword action. Near the end of each mission there is a boss that you have to fight, i'm only playing on normal difficulty due to the lag issues but they seem rather easy. They just take a long time to kill.

The game has a mixture of RTS and RPG functionality to it. The battles are played out as an RTS, but you don't have a base persay.. You can capture strategic points that will assist you in later missions. And the units you have level up, and can equip items in the rpgish manner. There is a plethora of units, right now i have my commander(who uses a pistol and a chainsword), my marines(who use bolters, sorta like assault rifles), my heavy gunner(who uses a heavy bolter, machine gunish), my scouts(sniper rifleish and c4), and my uh..can't think of what they are atm, but they use rocketboots to ambush units and use chainswords.

and that's all i can think of right now..stomach is kinda hurting cuz of that damn soda *shakes fist*

tata for now! i'll be back to update this later!
Back to top Go down

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers Refuge, Game forum for general Game Discussion & Debate! :: Gaming :: Console Gaming Discussion :: PC-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com