Gamers Refuge, Game forum for general Game Discussion & Debate!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss games & game ideas, debate games, review games, join game clans, blog about games, get game help online, show off gamer artwork, play forum games, play Roleplay games, or discuss game frustrations, you'll find it here at Gamers Refuge!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GotGame - A gamers best friend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Notoriousdrb
Notoriousdrb

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-24

RP Character
Character Name: Antullius Berethor
Total Life Amount:
GotGame - A gamers best friend Left_bar_bleue100/100GotGame - A gamers best friend Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Level:: 1

GotGame - A gamers best friend Empty
PostSubject: GotGame - A gamers best friend   GotGame - A gamers best friend EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 2:03 pm

While i was surfing digg today at work I came upon this post

GotGame Digg Entry

I wish i would have known about this back in my wow days Sad it woudl have made checking armory and watchin youtube soo much easier.

But in short GotGame is a browser for gamers, i haven't had a chance to use it, seeing as i'm at work, but it seems to me that it runs similar to xfire in the way that it can be used in unison with full screen games easily.

here's the direct link to the website
GotGame
Back to top Go down
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
ViciousGamer04

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: GotGame - A gamers best friend   GotGame - A gamers best friend EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:46 am

Sounds fairly interesting, actually. Have you actually gotten around to checking it out yet though? I would say I woulldd, but I haven't played any onlinnnee games in a while... our internet has been extra slow lately, I swear... well. That, and Disgaea has still been eating up a lot of my time among other thinnggs i'm working on such as trying to obtain a higher PR in google with this forruum.
Back to top Go down
https://gamersrefuge.forumotion.com
blah40000
blah40000

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-11-01

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:
GotGame - A gamers best friend Left_bar_bleue0/0GotGame - A gamers best friend Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Level::

PostSubject: Re: GotGame - A gamers best friend   GotGame - A gamers best friend EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:06 pm

I tried it a couple months ago when playing wow, it froze my comp...(my comp sucks though, 5-7 year old graphics card and 512mb ram)

it works good, but requires a fairly decent comp to use it because it uses a lot of resources to run a game and use a browser.

another downside (more of a nuisance) is that it tends to open most new pages in new tabs, which can build up fast.

aside from those two problems it's a great application and I highly recommend it if you have a comp with good enough specs.

P.S. once again on the subject of resource use. don't think the minimum requirements are true, because I meet that criteria (see above for a few details), let's just say you should add those requirements to the minimum requirements of whatever other things you'll be running while using this, including any games.
Back to top Go down
Notoriousdrb
Notoriousdrb

RP Character
Total Life Amount:
GotGame - A gamers best friend Left_bar_bleue100/100GotGame - A gamers best friend Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: GotGame - A gamers best friend   GotGame - A gamers best friend EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:07 pm

i, for one, prefer it to open in new tabs...i hate backtracking : \

though i've been lazy and haven't played many PC games...still need to get my BF2142 disk back...and since all the generic mmorpgs out there are just so..generic..i'd sooner not play them..but shin megami tensei:imagine is turning out to be interesting enough!

In short..it's not really useful for me atm..and i play in windowed mode most of the time anyway..but it's useful if the game MUST be run in fullscreen..i.e. maplestory if you don't want to risk infection with the windowed mode fix...or certain older games that are a bitch to get working in windowed mode
Back to top Go down
blah40000
blah40000

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-11-01

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:
GotGame - A gamers best friend Left_bar_bleue0/0GotGame - A gamers best friend Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Level::

PostSubject: Re: GotGame - A gamers best friend   GotGame - A gamers best friend EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:04 am

lol, maplestory!? honestly? maplestory is worse than runescape.
Back to top Go down
Notoriousdrb
Notoriousdrb

RP Character
Total Life Amount:

PostSubject: Re: GotGame - A gamers best friend   GotGame - A gamers best friend EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 1:01 am

I enjoyed maplestory for a while, I also enjoyed runescape before they switched to the newer graphics system(runescape classic)..i still remember when they had the black hole in the dwarven mines...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GotGame - A gamers best friend   GotGame - A gamers best friend Empty

Back to top Go down

GotGame - A gamers best friend
Page 1 of 1