Gamers Refuge, Game forum for general Game Discussion & Debate!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss games & game ideas, debate games, review games, join game clans, blog about games, get game help online, show off gamer artwork, play forum games, play Roleplay games, or discuss game frustrations, you'll find it here at Gamers Refuge!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gears of War 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SynchronizedBlink
SynchronizedBlink

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 9:24 pm

Gears of War 2 is an achievement for Epic, and at the very least a fun game today. If you are not familiar with the Gears universe, this is a good time to start. Gears of War 2 is for the Xbox360 exclusively.

Gears 1 left out a lot of questions. MY personal question was where or how the locust came to the planet of Sierra. This question does not get answered. Instead it introduces a story about Dom's missing wife. I will not spoil anything. Gears of War 2 has a epic storyline with some emotional experiences tied in. At one point you're covered in blood. Gears of War 2 has a great storyline over all, but I still have a question from the last game, and a few more to go with it.

Horde mode is a new sleek feature in Gears of War 2 multiplayer. Horde is when you face waves of locust until you reach 50. Only if you get that far. Horde in my opinion is the best new feature of this game. 5 players taking on waves after waves is kind of my thing I guess.

Multiplayer in general, is pretty neat if you get past the screeching sound of 9 year olds yelling at you. Personally me and my friend like playing against bots. We can't seem to get that epic feeling of a battle from online. Chainsaw seems to be a little overpowered due to how easily it revs up. My overall favorite weapon would have to be Hammer burst. It just screams awesome to me.

The new modes include Wingman, Submission, and Guardian. Wingman is a 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 v 2 battle which relies on how much kills you rack up. Guardian is a new take on 'Assassination' which has one leader. If the leader dies, you can no longer respawn back. Submission is where you and your team have to capture a Stranded and take him to a certain location. Out of all theses modes, I usually play on Wingman and Guardian. Submission is a great take on capture the flag, however it is some what of a game I rather not play.

I will give this a:

9.4/10
Back to top Go down
Foehammer51
Affiliate of Gamer's Refuge

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-07

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:
Gears of War 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Gears of War 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Level::

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 12:36 pm

im going to have to play that because I dont really like Gears but I wouldnt mind Playing the campaign.
Back to top Go down
http://www.360talk.forumotion.com
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
ViciousGamer04

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:38 pm

I actually really liked this review, keep up the good work! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://gamersrefuge.forumotion.com
SynchronizedBlink
SynchronizedBlink

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:04 am

Thanks. My Xbox got the red ring of death 4 or 5 days after launch day of Gears 2.
Back to top Go down
Foehammer51
Affiliate of Gamer's Refuge

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-07

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:
Gears of War 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Gears of War 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Level::

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 10:36 am

That sucks I know what that feels like. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.360talk.forumotion.com
SynchronizedBlink
SynchronizedBlink

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 11:14 am

Yeah, this is like, my 4th time. *Le sigh*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gears of War 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers Refuge, Game forum for general Game Discussion & Debate! :: Gaming :: Gaming Reviews! :: Xbox 360-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | Video games | Game Platforms | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com