Gamers Refuge, Game forum for general Game Discussion & Debate!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to discuss games & game ideas, debate games, review games, join game clans, blog about games, get game help online, show off gamer artwork, play forum games, play Roleplay games, or discuss game frustrations, you'll find it here at Gamers Refuge!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
ViciousGamer04

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-10-18

An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one? Empty
PostSubject: An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one?   An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one? EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 7:08 pm

So a while back(this isn't really new news.) I read about an Atari game(Pepsi Invaders) selling for $1,825 on Ebay. Ever so recently I read one selling for soo soo much more then that. If you have a lot of Atari games you might want to check through your collection because they seem to be going for a heck of a high-price on some of them.. even above $1825. I think one I saw way back when went for about $10,000+. There are some rare games out there.. and apparently collectors will pay just about anything!

This is more of a discussion of why you think someone would pay such a ridiculous price to have the game? It's definitely not to play it.. more of a collecting kind of thing.. but I mean cmon, there are cheaper hobbies then that.

Then again, Jay Leno collects cars like they're nothing and pays loads of money for them..

I guess there is no end to this madness for collectors. I collect various things but uhhh trust me, I know my limit! What a Face

Then again I suppose if I was loaded with an endless amount of income I might just spend some ricidulous amount of money to collect an old Atari game myself.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://gamersrefuge.forumotion.com
Knight of Symphonia
Knight of Symphonia

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one?   An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one? EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:34 pm

*picks jaw up*

Wow, I never knew that kind of stuff went on. I think it's ridiculous. I mean, if there's a game I am desperate to have I would pay anything within reason, key words there within reason. $1825 is not within my reasonal limit. I don't think I could ever justify spending that much on something I'm never even going to play. I'd be afraid to play it for fear that I may break it. So, I'd just sit there and look it at. Just might as well have framed that money and hung it on my wall.
Back to top Go down
blah40000
blah40000

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-11-01

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:
An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one? Left_bar_bleue0/0An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Level::

PostSubject: Re: An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one?   An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one? EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 10:06 am

Knight of Symphonia wrote:
*picks jaw up*

Wow, I never knew that kind of stuff went on. I think it's ridiculous. I mean, if there's a game I am desperate to have I would pay anything within reason, key words there within reason. $1825 is not within my reasonal limit. I don't think I could ever justify spending that much on something I'm never even going to play. I'd be afraid to play it for fear that I may break it. So, I'd just sit there and look it at. Just might as well have framed that money and hung it on my wall.

money depreciates over time, while highly collectible antiques only appreciate in value over time as long as their current condition stays...

I'd pay maybe $2000-$3000 on one as long as it's in grood (great and good) condition, like mint condition out of box, because in 20 years it's value would be much higher, probably around $10000-$50000, mind you that's an estimate, but that's profit...
Back to top Go down
Notoriousdrb
Notoriousdrb

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-24

RP Character
Character Name: Antullius Berethor
Total Life Amount:
An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one? Left_bar_bleue100/100An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Level:: 1

PostSubject: Re: An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one?   An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one? EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 11:20 am

i should dig up my atari collection...
Back to top Go down
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
ViciousGamer04

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one?   An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one? EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 2:02 am

Knight of Symphonia wrote:
*picks jaw up*

When it comes to collectors they will pay juuust about anything to have what they want. It's a great way to become super rich super fast if you want to, though. Buy some collectors things that're fairly cheap, wait it out & bam sell it back and make a good profit. Blah's apparently already kind of explained that, though. Rolling Eyes

Notoriousdrb wrote:
i should dig up my atari collection...

I looked at mine and apparently not a single rare unless I missed it. Embarassed

We got a few rares for the Snes/n64 but one of my family took both systems and all the games & lost a few of my favorites that were super rare. =/

They didn't sell as much as this Atari game but in the years to come they could have fetched a hefty price.(At the moment some of the one's I had I bought for $10-$15 & today I could sell them back for $50-$100 if I wanted to.)
Back to top Go down
https://gamersrefuge.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one?   An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one? Empty

Back to top Go down

An Atari game sells for $1825 on Ebay.. how much would you pay for one?
Page 1 of 1