A place to discuss games & game ideas, debate games, review games, join game clans, blog about games, get game help online, show off gamer artwork, play forum games, play Roleplay games, or discuss game frustrations, you'll find it here at Gamers Refuge!
 
HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Why do you play Videogames?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-10-18
Location : Gamers Refuge

PostSubject: Why do you play Videogames?   Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:56 am

We all have our reasons for playing videogames, what keeps you playing? What got you started & motivated to play videogames? Annnnd why has it kept you playing videogammes? Feel free to let us know in this thread!

_________________
"You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Gamer's Refuge Blog!
Goozex, console game-trading site! Trade a game today for points to use to get a free game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gamersrefuge.forumotion.com
Notoriousdrb
Active Member
Active Member
avatar

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Age : 29
Location : Watercrest Salad Land

RP Character
Character Name: Antullius Berethor
Total Life Amount:
100/100  (100/100)
Level:: 1

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Because crack is too expensive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knight of Symphonia
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-11-02
Age : 26
Location : Nova Scotia, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:16 pm

Notoriousdrb wrote:
Because crack is too expensive

Lol, yeah...

They take me to another world and I don't have to worry about my own stupid homework, I have to worry about the world getting destroyed or something. Some entertainment because there really isn't anything else to do, funny characters, emotional rides... Escapism, more or less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foehammer51
Affiliate of Gamer's Refuge


Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-07
Age : 25
Location : London, Ontario

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:
0/0  (0/0)
Level::

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:15 am

I play because I would rather play these games than do anything else. I dont care about anything else so I spend every waking moment (other than when I am at work or school) playing video games. It helps me unwind and get to sleep in some cases. I dont worry about anything in the "real world" and just on whatever game I am playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.360talk.forumotion.com
w0nt_st0p_m3
New Member
New Member


Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:53 pm

Foehammer51 wrote:
I play because I would rather play these games than do anything else. I dont care about anything else so I spend every waking moment (other than when I am at work or school) playing video games. It helps me unwind and get to sleep in some cases. I dont worry about anything in the "real world" and just on whatever game I am playing.
I so agree with you my good fellow, Nolifehammer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Notoriousdrb
Active Member
Active Member
avatar

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Age : 29
Location : Watercrest Salad Land

RP Character
Character Name: Antullius Berethor
Total Life Amount:
100/100  (100/100)
Level:: 1

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:14 pm

Just because you play games all the time doesn't mean you are lacking a life. While i'm not an extreme gamer I do play my fair share(3-5 hours on most days) and I still have a thriving social life. But then again I don't have to go to school so I have that free time to waste.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foehammer51
Affiliate of Gamer's Refuge


Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-07
Age : 25
Location : London, Ontario

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:
0/0  (0/0)
Level::

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:36 am

Notoriousdrb wrote:
Just because you play games all the time doesn't mean you are lacking a life. While i'm not an extreme gamer I do play my fair share(3-5 hours on most days) and I still have a thriving social life. But then again I don't have to go to school so I have that free time to waste.

Exactly "you have a thriving social life" this is the differance between you and me because I have no social life. I have a gaming life (Nolife) where I spend 5-10 hours a day or 70 Hours a week on games. the only other social life I have is with MarcoPolo360 and w0nt_st0p_m3 where we would play xbox all night at each others houses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.360talk.forumotion.com
w0nt_st0p_m3
New Member
New Member


Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:06 pm

Foehammer51 wrote:
Notoriousdrb wrote:
Just because you play games all the time doesn't mean you are lacking a life. While i'm not an extreme gamer I do play my fair share(3-5 hours on most days) and I still have a thriving social life. But then again I don't have to go to school so I have that free time to waste.

Exactly "you have a thriving social life" this is the differance between you and me because I have no social life. I have a gaming life (Nolife) where I spend 5-10 hours a day or 70 Hours a week on games. the only other social life I have is with MarcoPolo360 and w0nt_st0p_m3 where we would play xbox all night at each others houses.

Yes yes i loved it and we should do it soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foehammer51
Affiliate of Gamer's Refuge


Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-07
Age : 25
Location : London, Ontario

RP Character
Character Name:
Total Life Amount:
0/0  (0/0)
Level::

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:08 am

I work alot but maybe on the weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.360talk.forumotion.com
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-10-18
Location : Gamers Refuge

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:44 pm

Anywayyyyss. A little back on topic, please =D haha

_________________
"You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Gamer's Refuge Blog!
Goozex, console game-trading site! Trade a game today for points to use to get a free game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gamersrefuge.forumotion.com
kunima
Affiliate of Gamer's Refuge
avatar

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-19
Age : 24
Location : with Brendon Urie :P

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:56 pm

XD

coz vgames are fun :/
and it sucks men thinks girls dont play vgames =_=
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ViciousGamer04
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-10-18
Location : Gamers Refuge

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:59 pm

That's not true at least from my perspective. I've seen a pretty fair share of girls that play videogames, Razz

_________________
"You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Gamer's Refuge Blog!
Goozex, console game-trading site! Trade a game today for points to use to get a free game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gamersrefuge.forumotion.com
kunima
Affiliate of Gamer's Refuge
avatar

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-19
Age : 24
Location : with Brendon Urie :P

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:00 am

well, the boys here thinks the opposite :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Notoriousdrb
Active Member
Active Member
avatar

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-24
Age : 29
Location : Watercrest Salad Land

RP Character
Character Name: Antullius Berethor
Total Life Amount:
100/100  (100/100)
Level:: 1

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:02 am

i know a fair many that play video games, annnnd i wouldn't have it any other way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why do you play Videogames?   

Back to top Go down
 
Why do you play Videogames?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Grade 12s who are going on to play post-secondary, AAA/AA/A
» Proxyservice to play WOTLK on european servers
» battlefield play 4 free
» lets play a game, its called lame excuse
» Those who play Tf2 or interested in Tf2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers Refuge, Game forum for general Game Discussion & Debate! :: Gaming :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum